Personal photograph of Tracy Edwards
Tracy Edwards became famous for escaping from serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer’s apartment and being responsible for Dahmer’s arrest in 1991. Edwards became a household name in Milwaukee.
According to Edwards, Dahmer struggled with him in order to handcuff him, but ultimately failed to cuff his wrists together. Wielding a large butcher knife, Dahmer forced Edwards into the bedroom, where Edwards saw pictures of mangled bodies on the wall and noticed the terrible smell coming from a large blue barrel. Edwards punched him in the face, kicked him in the stomach, ran for the door and escaped. Running through the streets, with the handcuffs still hanging from one hand, Edwards waved for help to a police car driven by Robert Rauth and Rolf Mueller of the Milwaukee police department.
Tracy Edwards was hailed as a hero on July 22, 1991 for leading police to discover Dahmer’s 17 dismembered victims, ending a spree of cannibalistic homicides by one of the country’s most notorious murderers. Twenty years later almost to the day, Edwards was arrested on July 26, 2011 and accused of throwing a man to his death off a Milwaukee bridge.
- inimitvble likes this
- playaahk likes this
- playaahk reblogged this from serialkillersink
- kupcake-inator likes this
- dadomuerto likes this
- deadproof reblogged this from serialkillersink
- deadproof likes this
- fleshonbones likes this
- teenagegenocide likes this
- thebattricycle likes this
- candystaples likes this
- garykingofthegays reblogged this from serialkillersink
- wisconsin-death-trip likes this
- vanity-parade reblogged this from letmediehappyyy
- letmediehappyyy reblogged this from serialkillersink
- serialkillersink posted this